Thank you for considering Marcus Construction as your next step in employment. Listed below is a detailed job description for our current opening.
The Superintendent I position will supervise construction projects, perform daily inspections of work performed and act as liaison and coordinator between contractors to solve problems that arise. Monitor and adhere to established budgetary guidelines for job, and ensure that cost control measures are being followed. Monitor job safety and quality standards of all jobs, and ensure that all quality assurance and company standards are being met. Monitor job schedule and coordinate work with contractors and deliveries with suppliers and ensure inspections are scheduled appropriately.
Achieve Business Results
Asterisk (*) indicates an Essential Job Function
- *Manage projects; coordinate, plan, and supervise subcontractors and/or craft activities, provide guidance and assist in solving problems associated with the project.
- *Responsible for the productivity, safety and quality of subcontractors
- *Work with subcontractor to resolve complaints and grievances associated with the project and workforce.
- *Review and/or create project schedules and the 3-week look ahead
- *Analyze and resolve work problems
- *Work with the purchasing agent to ensure tools and materials are delivered at specified times to conform to work schedules
- *Study specifications and drawings to plan procedures for construction on basis of starting and completion times and staffing requirements for each phase of construction.
- *Inspect work in progress to ensure workmanship conforms to specifications and adheres to construction schedules
- *Prepare and/or review reports on progress, materials used and costs and adjust work schedules as indicated by reports
- *Advise project managers of any issues associated with the project
- *Assure all personnel are familiar with and adhere to safety regulations
- *Ensure job trailers and/or trucks have copies of company policies and job safety data sheets
- Other duties and responsibilities upon request
Champion Customer Service
- Build effective relationships with customers, subcontractors, and suppliers
- Portray a positive attitude and demonstrate professional customer service skills
- Create and foster a project team culture of far superior service to the customer
- Demonstrate professional behavior consistent with Marcus Construction values
- Model the Marcus Construction code of ethics at all times
- Ensure business processes are consistent with Marcus Construction values
- Promote a respectful environment for all team members
- Maintain utmost confidentiality of proprietary and confidential information
- Take care of and properly use company resources
- Visibly support and uphold the company’s strong safety culture
- Comply with all safety policies, report suspected safety concerns, and make recommendations for enhancements to the safety program
- Remain current in all company required safety training and certifications
- Acknowledge and celebrate safe behaviors and actions of others
- Minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience in commercial/industrial construction
- This is a field position - must be willing to travel as needed
- Ability to understand project scheduling and cost control, and to read and understand project owner specifications and engineering drawings
- Good attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies
- Strong organization/time management skills
- Must be able to meet deadlines and put in the time needed to get the job done
- Work independently as well as part of a team
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Minimum of 3 years proven success in the commercial construction industry with a proven ability to manage projects and identify key issues in moderately complex situations.
- Experience utilizing industry relevant software - Constructware and Primavera P6 preferred.
- Certified Crane Operator preferred.
- OSHA 10/30 Certification preferred.
Physical Demands/Working Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Superintendent I position to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms, lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds, balance, bend stoop or kneel, climb, push/pull, and squat crouch or crawl.
Frequent exposure to marked changes in temperature or humidity and the extremes thereof and moderate noise levels.
To apply, please submit your resume & cover letter to:
Marcus Construction is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Marcus Construction, Attn: Superintendent Position, PO Box 510, Willmar, MN 56201
We reward our talented employees with a competitive compensation & benefits package to include the following:
- Health Insurance – We offer employees two health insurance options with access to a national network of health care providers.
- Flexible Spending Accounts – Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts that allow medical and dependent care savings tax free.
- Dental Insurance – Includes routine coverage.
- Supplemental Insurance - Marcus offers a variety of supplemental insurance choices that provide extra coverage for illnesses and injuries.
- Life Insurance - Company paid life insurance along with the option to enroll in supplemental life insurance for themselves, their spouse or their dependent children.
- Disability Insurance - Marcus offers our employees disability policies to ensure that our employees have income protection.
- Holiday Pay and Paid Time Off - Marcus offers employees a generous PTO plan along with seven paid holidays to ensure work/life balance.
- 401(k) plan – Full time Marcus employees can enroll in the 401k plan the first of the month following date of hire.
In addition to the above benefits, we recognize our talented and dedicated employees with service awards, team building events, an annual company picnic and much more.