Thank you for considering Marcus Construction as your next step in employment. Below is our current open position.
Summary: The Project Manager II position plans, directs, and coordinates activities of designated moderate to high complexity projects to ensure that goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters. Evaluates project scope and completes proposals, costs and budgets with accuracy. Develops projects to assure profitability and customer satisfaction. The position maintains a relentless focus on meeting and exceeding customer needs and expectations; builds business with current customers by delivering on promises and creates new business with potential customers in a proactive manner promoting our construction services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Manage multiple projects concurrently
- Knows and understands the requirements of owner’s contract, including bonds, fees, notifications, scope of work, schedules, reporting, and costs.
- Reviews project requirements, to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Collaborates with preconstruction to prepare, review and monitor information and reports related to costs involved in developing and executing the project(s) budget.
- Develops an organizational and responsibilities matrix at the start of each project and identifies the resources needed for the project.
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel, to ensure the project progresses on schedule and within the prescribed budget.
- Confers with project staff to outline work plans and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
- Research and develop permit log and coordinate, track, and execute all documents required to obtain required project permits.
- Collaborates with superintendent, subcontractors, and suppliers to create a construction schedule within contractual and budget requirements.
- Update, revise, and distribute project schedules.
- Reviews Daily Logs prepared by project personnel and takes appropriate actions, modifies schedules or plans as required based on the findings within those daily logs.
- Coordinates and delivers all requirements for subcontractors and suppliers with-in schedule requirements.
- Execute and log all RFI requests and responses as well as making sure all responses are received back in a timely fashion. Review and monitor the requests and responses for accuracy and completeness.
- Coordinate, review, process, and log all project submittals and shop drawings.
- Identify scope changes and schedule delays caused by client or architect, and properly document and pursue reimbursement through formal prime change orders.
- Prepare, process, and log Request for Change Orders and Owner Change Order forms.
- Review Subcontractor Change Requests and prepare, process, and log Subcontractor Change Orders related to changes in a project contract.
- Execute “Intent to back charge” and “Back charge Notification” forms, and their related charges.
- Prepares project reports for management, clients, or others.
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Coordinate and execute all documents required to properly close out projects at completion.
- Other duties and responsibilities upon request
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Construction Engineering/Management or equivalent experience preferred along with a minimum of 7-10 years proven success in the commercial construction industry. Knowledge of estimating techniques, cost control and material pricing along with a proven ability to manage projects and identify key issues in moderately complex situations.
Physical Demands/Working Environment: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Project Manager II position to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms, lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds, balance, bend stoop or kneel, climb, push/pull, and squat crouch or crawl.
Occasional Exposure to marked changes in temperature or humidity and the extremes thereof and moderate noise levels.
Other Qualifications: Candidates must be willing and able to travel and successful completion of a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening required.
To apply, please submit your resume & cover letter by Friday, February 27th to:
or mail to:
Marcus Construction, Attn: Project Manager Position
PO Box 510, Willmar, MN 56201
Marcus Construction is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We reward our talented employees with a competitive compensation & benefits package to include the following:
- Health Insurance – We offer employees two health insurance options with access to a national network of health care providers.
- Flexible Spending Accounts – Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts that allow medical and dependent care savings tax free.
- Dental Insurance – Includes routine coverage.
- Supplemental Insurance - Marcus offers a variety of supplemental insurance choices that provide extra coverage for illnesses and injuries.
- Life Insurance - Company paid life insurance along with the option to enroll in supplemental life insurance for themselves, their spouse or their dependent children.
- Disability Insurance - Marcus offers our employees disability policies to ensure that our employees have income protection.
- Holiday Pay and Paid Time Off - Marcus offers employees a generous PTO plan along with seven paid holidays to ensure work/life balance.
- 401(k) plan – Full time Marcus employees can enroll in the 401k plan the first of the month following date of hire.
In addition to the above benefits, we recognize our talented and dedicated employees with service awards, team building events, an annual company picnic and much more.